I really like those type of outfits that look so funky and are in fact super easy to pull off. Tally Weijl is one of those brands that has been getting more popular in my fashion rankings due to those super easy, funky, and trendy looks they put together. I will demonstrate a few looks to give you some insight, but keep in mind, Tally Weijl is just an example, these looks can be pulled off using pieces you probably already have in your closet!
It really only takes some inspiration / tips / visual aid to be able to put together something you have been looking at either at your favorite mall, pinterest followers, co worker (you get my point) and wishing you could pull off. Well good news is, YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN!
This outfit is cute, fresh, and features pieces that are all very trendy. Take a look at what this look features.
The skirt’s layers and lace details makes it a must have this season, and I think we all have at least ONE printed T-shirt and a look alike bag that we could grab out of our closets. The pumps could vary according to style, and the socks are a funky add to this look.
This is a casual chic look with a funky fresh pastel inserts. What I like about this look is that you could customize the colors to go with whatever it is you have in your closet. The blazer could be just about any color (If you decide to go with brights you might need to tone down the bag). You could even switch the white and nude between the pants and the blazer as you like best.
This outfit ticks all the right boxes for me. I absolutely love the short skirt topped with a printed shirt, gives it a sexy yet classy feel. I would actually wear this for a girls night out! The short skirt gives a night time vibe but, the colors give a fresh and young touch, and the topped printed shirt inserts some sporty elegance, while the Nude bag keeps the look toned down. Again, we all have at least ONE mini skirt that we like to flaunt every now and then (waxing, here i come), throw on a printed shirt (we all know how trendy prints are at the moment), and a must have is a nude bag that you can add to this look (well you can add nudes to just about any look – magic!).
The reason I like this is 1) I love the tribal prints’ trend at the moment 2) It really can work for many body shapes and also different ages. I can see myself loving this and I can also see my Mom (also a big fashion freak) looking great in it as well. The pants, have been a must have for more than a season and continue being just as trendy, the nude bag is something we all have somewhere in our closet (take it out!), I personally was not too fond of the wedges in this look but would definitely put on color-block wedges or even plain ones for this outfit.
Below are the pieces used in all these looks, in case you want details of each look. Lets keep it fresh and funky this spring / summer. Dressing yourself new can really make or break your day sometimes.
- Fabulous Find of the Week: Forever 21 Bold Stripes Shirt (collegefashion.net)
- Color My Legs (highpointshoulder.com)
- Blogger Tuesday: Floral, Two Ways (blogs.smarter.com)
- Fashion Scoop: Blugirl Spring 2012 Collection (imanmansour.wordpress.com)
- How to: Mixing Stripes (imanmansour.wordpress.com)
I really love this new designer / department collaborations. Marni for H&M was quite a treat! The “gamine chic” Jason Wu for Target collection, inspired by French new-wave films, was in stores feb 5th and was the only one I was unable to check out. So I chose a few outfits that I wished I had a chance to try on, and probably if i did have a chance i would most likely own them by now! Waiting for another collaboration soon! Hmm, which designer would I love to buy for less??? GUCCI!!!D&G!!!ARMANI … OK getting way ahead of myself …
Do you own any of these outfits by any chance??
- Check Out the Complete Jason Wu For Target Collection! (fabsugar.com)
- First Look at Jason Wu for Target (fashionschooldaily.com)
- Jason Wu for Target Pieces You Won’t Want to Miss! (fabsugar.com)
- Jason Wu Wear for Target In Harlem (harlemworldblog.wordpress.com)
- Jason Wu For Target (stylebyladyg.com)
This season, the shades are simply delectable: sugared almond hues, ice cream flavors and boiled sweets. Yummy! Something pretty, subtle, and sweet: pastels. A paler take on the color-blocking trend, think light pink plus mint green plus daffodil!
From skirts and tops to dresses and jeans, click through the gallery below for some pastel ideas that will get you in the mood for one sweet spring…
- Perfect Pastels (theglitterpost.wordpress.com)
- Shop These Pretty Pastel Pieces For Spring (fabsugar.com)
- 5 Ways to Wear Spring’s Pretty Pastels (fabsugar.com)
- 15 Creamy, Dreamy Pastel Polishes (bellasugar.com)
- Jessica Alba Styles Up a Perfect Take on Pastel Pants in Paris (fabsugar.com)
- Style pick: Miss Selfridge pastel pink dress (dollyglitter.wordpress.com)
- My Spring Palette (homedesign.marthastewart.com)
- Mint Green: The Pastel for Spring (blogs.smarter.com)
- a post about pastels (modflowers.wordpress.com)
- Window shopping: Banish the winter blues with bold botanicals, block pastels and clashing florals (independent.co.uk)