March 23 will mark worldwide release for the film adaptation of Suzanne Collin’s young adult novel “The Hunger Games.” However, for us fashionably driven girls, we have had our eyes on all the bits and pieces happening anywhere close to the red carpets. I must say, weather I talk of Elizabeth Banks or Jennifer Lawrence, I simply cant make up my mind as to which wore it best at the ‘The Hunger Games’ promo tour. But wait, bear with me, I can explain why!
Starting with Elizabeth Banks.
The actress wore a citrus hue opting for tangy lemon Bill Blass Spring 2012 dress. Her look here can definitely brighten up any occasion.
She matched her lovely dress with matching Judith Leiber ‘East/West’ crocodile clutch and Irene Neuwirth pearl-drop earrings.
I personally love her choice of wavy locks and simple pink shaded makeup. On this occasion I’d prefer Elizabeth’s dress over just about anybody!
I love sequins! I love floral embellishments and I with no doubt love Marc Jacobs, but I just could not love this outfit. To be fair though,the Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 collection is quite tough to wear on the red carpet, and Banks’ did choose probably the most red carpet ready piece.
She also did quite well by not letting her hair down (this dress has enough going on already!) I still feel she looks a little dull.
Elizabeth looked stunning as she wore a fully embellished Elie Saab Spring 2012 orange gown to the Berlin premiere. Embracing color as she did at the London Premiere, adding more perfection with lovely glossy waves and makeup.
I know many prefer Jennifer, but with this dress, I would pick Elizabeth any day…
OH MY VERSACE! How could we not fall in love with this look! The Color, the design, the details … she is glowing. Elizabeth, with no doubt again, looked spectacular with this Atelier Versace bright orange structured one-shoulder mini dress (don’t forget to examine all the cut-out detail and gold accents – WOW)
The Jimmy Choo wedges are a good pick as they don’t attempt to upstage the dress. The Gold jewels were a nice completion to the look. I like her half up and straight hairstyle, but i think for added sexy appeal she might have wanted to go with a pony tail.
There you have it, Elizabeth Banks and her Hunger Games Premiere looks. In my next blog i will discuss Jennifer Lawrence and then maybe along the way I could actually make a decision regarding who I believe was the Best Dressed. You can help!
- ‘The Hunger Games’ Premiere: Elizabeth Banks in Elie Saab (candybarbie.com)
- Hunger Games’ Jennifer Lawrence and Elizabeth Banks Go With Fiery Shades in Berlin (popsugar.com)
- Video: Elizabeth Banks Talks Channeling Effie For Her The Hunger Games Premiere Look! (popsugar.com)
- Elizabeth Banks Talks Channeling Effie For Her The Hunger Games Premiere Look! (5min.com)
- Hunger Games’ Elizabeth Banks on Evil Effie: “I Love Being Mean!” (eonline.com)
- The Hunger Games European Premiere (popspoken.com)
- Elizabeth Banks & Wes Bentley: ‘Hunger Games’ Premiere! (justjared.com)
- The Hunger Games: Jennifer Lawrence’s Red Carpet Looks (news.instyle.com)