Yes, lets admit it, its gettings distracting with all this shine and this fall they’re everywhere (which is making it really hard to focus). This season is just the one to finally dust off your party wear! Cool girls are mixing in their sequins and metallics with denim, casual t-shirts and lashings of attitude. The glossy, shiny, metallic fabric appears in so many spring/summer 2013 runways.
There’s no doubt that the military trend has legs — it has steadily survived from season to season with nothing more than simple tweaks along the way.
- For an edgier look, pair your camouflage jeans with a worn-in rocker tee and leather jacket. Add biker boots or studded jeans.
- Camo can also look cool and girlie quite easily. Just throw a printed utility jacket over your fave white dress then throw on pretty heels and accessories.
- The military trend can also be something to experiment with at the office; try tucking a crisp button-down blouse into a camouflage skirt or layering a camo dress under a fitted blazer. Cinch the look at your natural waist with a leather belt for a sleek silhouette.
This season it’s all about sweaters with shoulder bling. Wear them with boyfriend jeans or leather leggings and booties for a military look. Or, pair them with skirts and dress pants for an eighties power vibe. They are also great go-to items during this holiday season.
Lately I have totally been getting obsessed with everything that’s denim. For some reason, it suddenly clicks in my head and totally goes with all my wardrobe. The thing about denim is, it can be so casual to the point where you can wear denim on denim, yet in some cases, can be a beautiful addition to a chic look that gives you a fresh twist to a rather normal / dull outfit.
Forget the fact that you can basically pair this style with just about anything, it seriously does look good with every single color (TRY IT ). To make matters less literal and more visual, take a look at some of my favorite denim incorporated looks!
Lets see if you agree with me by the time you finish going through these pics!
GOES WELL WITH A WEDDING DRESS … HOW ABOUT THAT??
Looks amazing when mixed!!
Tone down or funky up your dress!
SIMPLE Yet GREAT
Now that’s CHIC
Add some Color
With A Skirt Some Denim
With Brights … A Match Made in Heaven!
Making a dress even cuter
I love the combination of feminine dresses mixed with edgy toppers. Jessica Alba pulls this off perfectly! Her fun and flirty maxi dress is greatly paired with a light wash denim vest. This look also works with your favorite maxi skirt, tank, and even with a denim on denim look if you’re feeling bold.
If a longer vests make you feel too “boxy” try a cropped version for a more flattering look! The shorter vest helps to accentuate your figure by showing off your curves.And one of our favorite things about the denim vest…it’s virtually season-less! When temperatures start to drop, it can easily be layered over long sleeve shirts, lightweight sweaters, and colored bottoms….the perfect transition piece into Fall.
Whether cropped or long, light or acid wash, Summer or Fall, this vest is sure to spice up any outfit at a great price.
DENIM VEST TIPS:
- Look for a fitted and cropped shape. The most flattering vests I’ve seen hit a few inches below your natural waist. A too-short vest looks childish and too long and baggy is an untrendy 90′s flashback.
- Medium and light washes are best. A dark wash vest can work, but they are much harder to style.
- A denim vest is the perfect match for your favorite patterned piece. A nice, faded denim breaks up the print and prevents your look from getting too “busy” looking. Patterns work well with denim, whether they’re florals, or stripes