Nothing gets a woman through the fall and winter season like rich lavish fabrics and designs. From lace to velvet brocade, fall fashion has all the styles for a season of luxurious dressing.An offshoot of the Eastern invasion, Japanese brocades were used in everything from pantsuits and girlish mini-dresses to sporty jackets and elegant coats. With designers from Marc Jacobs to Louis Vuitton stitching metallic brocade accents into their Fall 2012 looks, an opulent winter season has definitely been in the forecast.
Other designers perfecting brocades were Jason Wu in his elaborate brocade separates and Proenza Schouler’s Japan-inspired brocade silhouettes. Not to forget the gorgeous brocade designs from Jill Stuart, Yves Saint Laurent and Rebecca Minkoff. However, I would have to say Dolce & Gabbana bagged it in terms of brocade beauty! All you need is one look at the gold, black and white embellishments in their couture dresses, and your inner Indian fashionista will be smitten! Top it off with the fabulous brocade knee boots that hit the runway during the D&G Fall 2012 and you set yourself on a brocade frenzy for the season!
- Brocade: On the Runway, On the Street, In the Stores (news.stylecaster.com)
- The Brocade Brigade (mystylisticlife.com)
- Spring 2012 Trendspotting: The Loose Side Swoop (bellasugar.com)
- Valentino Couture Fall 2012 (fabsugar.com)
- How To Wear Brocade For Any Occasion (stilettojungleblog.com)
- Trend Alert: Brocade (fabsugar.com)
- For the Love of Brocade (cukoosnest.wordpress.com)