1. Wedges. Way more comfortable than pumps, these foot-friendly sandals aren’t just for the beach. Go for more demure heights (less than 4″) and luxe straps in leather or canvas (nix the rope) for a more grown-up look. Pair with a pencil skirt or tailored trousers for a look that’s tongue-in-chic!
2. Brights. If last summer was all about neon, then this summer is all about brights — colors that pop like coral, cobalt, and lime. Keep the silhouette work-appropriate with a classic sheath or tailored blouse, and pull it all together with a skinny belt in gold or tan. Extra points for color-blocking: think a kelly green pencil skirt with a mint top. Bye-bye cubicle blahs!
3. Chambray. Our campy favorite can work overtime when paired with a pencil skirt or under a tailored blazer. Stick with even-toned denim (not distressed) and a fitted look (not boyfriend) for a look that’s cute and comfy. Add a statement necklace for a pop of color and you’re ready for whatever the day might throw at you.
4. Pleats. We know what you’re thinking: librarian-chic? But we’ve been seeing pleats everywhere this season, from long flowing maxis to super short minis. We like knee- or tea-length styles for work: they show off your ankles and adorable pedicure without being too leggy for the boardroom. Plus, this breathable style is ideal for beating the summer heat! Toughen it up with a dark blazer or crisp top.
5. Prints. Think: retro. Thanks to Trina Turk’s recent collab with Banana Republic, you can get your hands on super saturated Palm Springs-esque prints for less. Just remember: less is more. Tame a bold top with a structured jacket or leg-elongating trousers. Take a walk on the wild side…even if it’s just to the water cooler!