Alberta Ferretti has been well-known and definitely loved for her dresses. If it makes sense, the designer makes her dresses so strikingly subtle, and just saying that seems a little difficult, so lets give her some credit for making them!
In the 2012 collection, Ferreti was obviously trying to demonstrate this dress making talent of hers as models walked the runway, gown after gown, each created with so much detail, elegance, and luxury and yet so discreetly glamorous at the same time. It throws you back to the 1960’s (mad men style) times of chicness. In specific, the black frocks took over the show, whether talking about the ones with swishy micro-pleats, in leather , or the black beads and sparkly fringe.
Ferreti’s color choice was that of richness (royal blue, purple, bright red and sapphire) and the slinky gowns stood out all the more for it. Purple is not one of my favorite colors, but looking at the collection, it was definitely the most eye-catching for me. Her styles remain classic though, with sheaths and gowns, but the outfits are fashioned out of sheer chiffon with slits, ruffles and beautifully detailed embroidery.
The outwear and accessories speak of the same attention to detail and subtle, chic sensibility as the gowns.
NOT SO MUCH: Some of the coats felt too out there for me, especially the leather ones i found them quite dull, some color combinations were not all that for me. Wasn’t so sure about the accessories (sunglasses in specific).
What do you think??
- Albera Ferretti Fall 2012 | Milan Fashion Week (fashiongonerogue.com)
- Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Fall 2012 | New York Fashion Week (fashiongonerogue.com)
- Moda di Milano: Gucci and Alberta Ferretti, autumn – winter 2012 – 13 (lucire.com)
- Milan Fashion Week: Day 1 (myfashionlife.com)
- Milan Fashion Week: Day 2 (myfashionlife.com)
- Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti (nypost.com)