There are definitely many trends emerging in 2012 like color blocking and those hot pink suits (to be discussed in another block for sure!) but one of the dominating trends that were noted over the past few days (as in fashion week ) were the pops of metallic colors making appearances all over the runways and on celebrities.
One thing that puts this trend in my fave list, is the fact that you can wear it in numerous versatile ways. Not all girls are into the full metallic dresses (WOW have i got a few beautiful pics of those) and I really am a firm believer in never following a trend if it does not speak out to the fashionista in you. Make it fit you and not the other way around. Metallics can be worn with jeans/t-shirt with metallic shoes and/or a metallic purse and you have a very wearable every day look with a little touch of glam. Or, on the other hand for an all glimmering look, you can sport a metallic dress for that elegant and bold (not to mention super sexy) look; the possibilities are endless with this trend.
So with that being said, I have chosen various looks that will help you choose you own style of METALLIC MAGIC!
- You can pair such pants with cozy knit sweaters for a slouchier look; Ex: A v-neck boyfriend sweater will be both chic and comfortable
- You can go for the structured blazer, with a t-shirt underneath, if you are looking for a more dressier look
How the RUNWAY wore Bottoms
How CELEBRITIES Wore Bottoms
GLAMMED UP DRESSES
A Metallic dress is a statement in itself, so unless you want to literally “Shine” (and I don’t mean that in a good way) these are basics to go by:
- You could try adding tights (knits would work) and a scarf (choose a big one!).
- The outfit creates quite a bold impact on its own so lets leave the jewelry at home girls. Instead go for a slightly heavy sandal or boots for more anchor.
- And aside from a smoky eye, lets keep it simple (unless you want a “golden girls” look – Don’t mean that in a good way either).
When wearing shine, it’s best not to break ALL the rules. We do want the dress to speak for itself (and trust me it will) so minimize any extras that could damage a potentially fab look. These ideas could help.
How the RUNWAY wore Dresses
How CELEBRITIES Wore Dresses
Alternatively, if you are not digging this look at all, you could always go for the simpler accessories. Metallic accessories are a perfect way to add a touch of glitter to your life. Be it in a belt, clutch, platforms etc… accessories can be a trendy addition to an outfit without you bending your fashion taste buds for whats currently in (never do that, always dress for YOU).
Take a look at some things you could pick from for a subtle metallic touch.
Finally, you could try a minimalistic makeup look that allows your eyes to shine with a subtle yet effective touch of metallic shadow.
Now Get your GLAMOUR Going Girls! Can I get a “wha wha” for this Alliteration!!
- Spring 2012 Fashion Week Look We’re Loving: Sparkly Bottoms (fabsugar.com)
- Who Wore It Better? Burberry Metallic Tiered Dress (fabsugar.com)
- Who Wore It Better? Alexander Wang Metallic Dress (fabsugar.com)
- 100 Marvelous Metallic Fashions – From Gravity-Defying Couture to Luxe Metallic Frocks (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Who Wears the Metallic Headband Best? (bellasugar.com)