FLORAL PRINTS TAKE OVER THE CATWALK!
Be it pants, skirts, dresses or more, Florals seem to be taking a lead and looks like they will be staying put for seasons to come.
showing up and disappearing only to show up once again to bring out that feminine, fresh yet funky touch in our style.
I am a firm believer that to each one of us a style a character and a touch … I have simplified this must have to make it easier for anyone to drag and drop from the lists until you can finally say “Oh that’s so me!” ! SO……..
1- Florals don’t always have to look super girly or cute for those of you that are not so into that look. You should be able to wear trendy pieces without sacrificing your fashion character. And your character is the most important thing.
- You can go for a more casual yet retro lady-like outfit by teaming the floral dress with a belted cardigan
- The Floral dress can go well with a long knit jacket, opaque tights and knee-high boots (For a colder weather Layer a turtleneck underneath)
- For a night look, go for a silky floral dress, black tights and a pair of black pumps.
2- The Trousers
- You can pair with neutrals / monotones so that most of the focus is on the pants. I think the shoulder cut-out tops would give the outfit a bit of edge. To show off your figure, you could add a belt to the top. and some black ankle booties to complete the look.
- You can also try them with a bright tank tucked into the trousers then tone it down with a chic black blazer and some black shoes. You can also wear flats as well if heels are not your thing.
- You could also go with a long black tunic, a long necklace, and some combat boots! If the combat boots are too edgy, try some strappy black heels instead.
Blazers / Jumpsuits
Keep any blazer or jumpsuit simple by wearing monotones and keeping the top jewelry light.
Pair with solid coloured shoes and bag. Any more colors or patterns is going to be too much.
The mix of florals with darker colours will make your outfit more interesting and will definitely stand out!
Other Funky Florals
If what you have seen is way to out there for you, why not wear it simple as an accessory – flip-flops, peep-toe shoes, sandals or maybe as a purse.
For example: If you wear black trousers with a black tank and simply add a purse with a funky floral print, that could be your floral fix right there.
Its all about how you see yourself and how fashion speaks out to you.
We don’t need to follow trends blindly, we customize trends to suit our bodies and our styles!
- Look of the Day: Floral Fever (fabsugar.com)
- Richard Chai Love Spring 2012 (fabsugar.com)
- Tracy Reese Spring 2012 (fabsugar.com)
- Alice + Olivia Spring 2012 (fabsugar.com)
- Floral Prints for Spring 2012 (wearglobal.wordpress.com)