Leather arms are one of the most fashion forward trends this Winter.We have been seeing a great deal of street style stars working leather into their outfits in new and unexpected ways. Leather sleeves toughen up even the most lady-like coats and jackets. I have been personally seeing the leather sleeves with the army jackets almost everywhere I Look, and I must say, I like what I see!
The key to this look is to contrast textiles to give your closet an edgy, designer feel. 3.1 Philip Lim for example, showcased contrasting tan leather sleeves with electric blue cotton torso; this enhanced the clashing fabrics, but kept it casual and appropriate for daytime.
Maison Martin Margiela took the trend to extremes by clashing heavy knit sweaters with full-length leather gloves.
For a less runway more street style look, go for soft cotton tops and T-shirts in the daytime with black or gray. Keep colours fresh, bright and contrasting to enhance the style.
- Hilary Duff in Rag & Bone Leather Sleeve Denim Jacket (denimblog.com)
- Celebrity Lookbook: Luxe Leather Sleeves (fabsugar.com)
- Embrace The Leather Trend From An Arm’s Length – In A Jacket With Leather Sleeves (shefinds.com)
- Trend Alert: Leather Inserts (fabsugar.com)
- How Do You Wear It? Fall 2012′s Leather Trend (fashionbombdaily.com)