I love the combination of feminine dresses mixed with edgy toppers. Jessica Alba pulls this off perfectly! Her fun and flirty maxi dress is greatly paired with a light wash denim vest. This look also works with your favorite maxi skirt, tank, and even with a denim on denim look if you’re feeling bold.
If a longer vests make you feel too “boxy” try a cropped version for a more flattering look! The shorter vest helps to accentuate your figure by showing off your curves.And one of our favorite things about the denim vest…it’s virtually season-less! When temperatures start to drop, it can easily be layered over long sleeve shirts, lightweight sweaters, and colored bottoms….the perfect transition piece into Fall.
Whether cropped or long, light or acid wash, Summer or Fall, this vest is sure to spice up any outfit at a great price.
DENIM VEST TIPS:
- Look for a fitted and cropped shape. The most flattering vests I’ve seen hit a few inches below your natural waist. A too-short vest looks childish and too long and baggy is an untrendy 90′s flashback.
- Medium and light washes are best. A dark wash vest can work, but they are much harder to style.
- A denim vest is the perfect match for your favorite patterned piece. A nice, faded denim breaks up the print and prevents your look from getting too “busy” looking. Patterns work well with denim, whether they’re florals, or stripes
- Trend Alert: Denim Vests (fabsugar.com)
- 8 Summer Denim Essentials (denimblog.com)
- The 10 Denim Essentials You Shouldn’t Be Without This Summer (fabsugar.com)
- All About Denim! (q104.cbslocal.com)
- Denim Vest (sequinsandsweets.wordpress.com)